Terms and Conditions
These website terms and conditions constitute the sole record of the agreement between you and Aposave in relation to your use of the website. Neither you nor Aposave shall be bound by any express tacit or implied representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein. Unless otherwise specifically stated these website terms and conditions supersede and replace all prior commitments, undertakings or representations, whether written or oral, between you and Aposave in respect of your use of the website.
1. About Us
- This service is provided by Aposave Limited trading as Aposave Pharmacy. By using this service you are confirming that you understand and agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions apply to your access to the Aposave Online Pharmacy website (“www.aposave.com”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing and/or ordering any medicine from our Website. If you access the Website, and/or place an order for medicine, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions please do not use our Website.
- The Aposave Online Pharmacy website is owned and operated by Aposave, registered in the UK at 122 Leadenhall Street, London, EC3V 4AB with the company registration number: 8809922 and GPhC number: 9010743. Aposave Limited is also licensed by the MHRA with a WDA(H) number: 43928. If you have any questions about our website please contact us: Tel: +44 (0)203 630 1244Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information on the Website
2.1 Whilst every effort is made to update the information contained on this website, neither Aposave nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) (“information”) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. Aposave reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. Rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. This website should not be used as a replacement for advice from a medical professional. If you find an error or omission on this site, please let us know at email@example.com.
3. Our Services
What we do:
3.1 We provide prescription postage services based on a valid UK/EU prescription. We post internationally depending on your country’s laws and regulations. By placing an order through our website, you confirm that:
- you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
- you are at least 18 years old;
3.2 We provide health information through the Website and offer you the option to book an appointment through our online platform or via telephone for a consultation with a registered pharmacist at the Aposave Pharmacy Travel Clinic. You will then receive the treatment subject to the outcome of the consultation and the assessment of the pharmacist on the suitability of the treatment.
3.3 You must use our website and Services with care and in compliance with the below:
- The provision of Services to you is conditional on you completing all questionnaires contained on our website truthfully and honestly. You must reveal and disclose all relevant information truthfully to the best of your knowledge.
- We cannot and are not liable for any damages which results from a failure of you to follow advice given on the website or from your failure to pass on information given on the website to your regular healthcare provider.
- All the information contained on our website is in English. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you understand the questions in the questionnaires you complete on our website.
- If medicine is dispensed to you, you are responsible for checking that the medicine is the correct medicine prescribed by your doctor and that such medicine is not damaged in any way.
- You must carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
4. Accessing our website
- We cannot guarantee that the Site will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt the Site or any computer system, server, router or any other internet-connected device. We do not guarantee or warrant that any content of the Site will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the safety and reliability of data input and output. We do not accept liability for any losses or claims arising from any inability to access the Site or any failure to complete a transaction.
- Using the Site – This Site is for personal and non-commercial use. You must not use any materials contained in the Site except to the extent necessary for your own personal use. In using the Site and information available from the Site, you agree that you will not:
- (a) Post, disseminate or transmit unauthorised advertisements or promotional materials, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities who have not agreed to be part of such mailings.
- (b) Omit, delete, forge or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing and Internet protocol addresses or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content.
- (c) Impersonate any person or entity, or fail to state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with any person or entity.
- (d) Engage in any activities in order to withhold or cloak identity or contact information.
- (e) Send harassing and/or threatening messages to others.
- (f) Engage in “flooding” – i.e. flooding and mail bombing (sending large amounts of email repeatedly to the same email address).
- (g) Use the information available on the Site for any illegal, immoral or anti-social purpose, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in a manner which is or may be damaging to Our name or reputation.
- (h) Publish or download web pages or content, images, descriptions or text without our express written consent.
- (i) Electronically stalk or otherwise electronically harass another.
- (j) Engage in any Internet activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission.
- (k) Engage in any activities with relation to reverse engineering of the website, including data structures, descriptions, images or any other material contained on the site.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of Aposave and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links, you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of Aposave. Please contact us if you would like to link to this website or would like to request a link to your website.
5. Pricing and Payment
Whilst we endeavour to ensure all medicine prices displayed on our website are accurate, occasionally there may be some fluctuation due to manufacturer’s price increase or specific order requirement. Only in substantial cases, we will contact you to advise you of the revised price once we have your prescription. Otherwise, we will fulfill the listed price on the website. Otherwise stated, all prices are VAT inclusive.
In the unlikely event that an incorrect price is shown on our website. We reserve the right to abstain from fulfilling the order at that price. You will of course be notified, and at which point you will be informed of the correct price, and given the choice to proceed with the order. You agree that your order is an offer to buy the Products under these Sales Terms. All orders must then be accepted by us. We may choose not to accept abnormal orders and orders which are not placed in good faith. After having received your order, we will send you an order confirmation email with your order number and details of the items you have ordered. Please note that the Order confirmation email is not an acceptance of your order. Acceptance of your order and the formation of the contract of sale between Aposave and you and will not take place unless and until you have received an email confirmation of your order being dispatched. Please note that Aposave reserves the right to cancel your order at any time before you receive your ordered items.
Aposave provides a simple and straightforward way to accept online payments
via mobile, tablet, desktop, etc. Our customers are redirected to a secure payment page to enter
their payment details and we will securely handle the sensitive data. Your card and payment details are securely captured on Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant systems.
It is your obligation to enter the correct delivery address at the time of ordering. If you enter the wrong address, we cannot are allowed to re-send the order to the correct address once the order has been shipped (according to UK regulations).
Once you have placed an order, if we are unable to ship any part of it, we will contact the ordering party to discuss the matter. Either send you part of the order that is in stock or remove item(s) from the order after we have informed the ordering party of the matter.
All shipments for NHS prescriptions are offered free of charge as Aposave takes on this cost. In general, deliveries are fulfilled by DHL Express.
If you are not available to receive your items and they are returned to us you will be charged a redelivery fee if you wish the goods to be resent out to you. For UK deliveries: if you claim your order was not received after the goods were dispatched, you must inform us within 10 days of the dispatch date (within 20 days for Rest of the World). If claims are made slightly outside of these parameters, these will be considered at our discretion. No claim will be considered if the time elapsed has doubled the parameters stated.
Aposave will not be held responsible for lost parcels caused due to an incorrect delivery address entered by the customer. Delivery address cannot be changed once the order has been shipped. Courier delivery does not guarantee next day delivery. We accept no responsibility if your order is stopped by international customs. This is due to the fact that the engaging customer is taking full responsibility of doing their own private importation of a medicinal product for personal use only. We will endeavour to resolve any query or concern that a respective country’s border control may have on a particular product. We are unable to dispatch dangerous goods such aerosols & flammables to international locations due to transport regulations.
7. BFPO Addresses
Unfortunately we are unable to deliver to BFPO addresses due to delivery restrictions / compliance requirements.
8. Returns and Exchanges
Unfortunately due to regulations set by the UK authorities, we are unable to accept returned medicine unless faulty or incurred an error. For any questions or concerns on the matter, please feel free to contact Customer Service at (+44) 203 630 1244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Medical Information
You should be aware that information captured will be viewed by our pharmacy team. You should read all product packaging prior to using it. Please contact your doctor or medical advisor if you are unsure about whether you should use a product.
i. The medical data provided online by yourself must match the information on the prescription received. If there is a discrepancy, we may need to contact you to clarify specific points. If we are unable to contact you, we reserve the right to cancel your order and return your prescription to the prescribing doctor.
ii. Prescription requests for medicine will be passed on to your surgery/doctor’s office as soon as is reasonably possible. Aposave are not responsible for any delays to your request being processed made by your doctor’s surgery/doctor’s office. Aposave cannot guarantee your requested prescription will be made available at the requested time or that your request will be accepted at all.
iii. You acknowledge that delivered medication will need to be signed for and you authorise any person at your chosen address to sign for this medication.
iv. You must check any delivered items on receipt for any dispensing errors or for signs of tampering. Should you find any dispensing errors or evidence of tampering you must contact us immediately and should not take or use any of these items.
11. Online Doctor
Online doctor services are provided in co-operation with independent GMC Registered Doctors. You agree to provide accurate and complete information when submitting a consultation questionnaire, disclosing all information truthfully. You agree that any prescribed treatments will be for your own personal use and you will not allow access to any other person. You agree that by submitting a consultation questionnaire you have consented to the independent GMC Registered Doctors prescribing the necessary treatment.
- In using this service you agree to provide us with truthful information in order that we may provide you with the most appropriate and accurate advice.
- When receiving advice you acknowledge and agree that that advice is being provided in the context of the information you have provided. The GMC registered prescribing doctors who provide you with the advice are responsible for your care in relation to it and Aposave encourages you to notify your regular GP of the advice and any prescription received. The independent GMC Registered Doctors are regulated by the GMC and are bound by the General Medical Council Guidance entitled “Good Practice in Prescribing Medicines.* The sections which are especially relevant are paragraphs 39 to 43. If you suspect that any of the advice given or any medications prescribed have had an adverse effect or may not be appropriate then you agree that you will contact the prescribing doctors immediately by going to the Contact Us section.
- You agree that any medication prescribed will be for your own personal use and you will not share, sell or pass on your medication to any other person.
- You agree that if you are uncertain as to how best to take your medication you will contact a Aposave pharmacist by going to the Contact Us section and await further instruction and consultation before taking the medication.
- You agree that if you do suffer any ill-effects or suspect you have that you will facilitate and allow the independent GMC Registered Doctors to assist you or by referral to a doctor locally if possible.
- You agree that Aposave has encouraged you to keep your GP informed of any diagnosis and/or treatment and that Aposave has offered to contact your doctor on your behalf on receipt of his or her contact details.
- You agree that whilst modern diagnostic tests are highly accurate, no test is 100% accurate at all times and that there is a very small chance of error.
- You agree that not all medications will effectively treat the condition for which they are prescribed on the first occasion and a follow up treatment course or courses of either the same medication or a substitute may be necessary. You may incur further costs in relation to this prescription.
- You agree that whilst with the independent GMC Registered Doctors provides clinical advice and on-line consultations, you will not seek to contact the doctors directly as your Aposave records are held separately on a remote server and the doctors will not ordinarily have access to them during the course of their other duties. You agree that all contact with the independent GMC Registered Doctors who provide the service will be via the Aposave portal.
- Both Aposave and the independent GMC Registered Doctors are registered with the Information Commissioner and uphold their duties imposed by the Data Protection Act 1998. Communications by post, telephone, email and SMS texting are vulnerable to loss or interference by others and neither Aposave or the independent GMC Registered Doctors will be held liable for any loss or damage of any sort resulting from loss of data sent via any of these mechanisms.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will Aposave or the independent GMC Registered Doctors be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of emotional well-being including, but not limited to, any embarrassment caused (b) loss of data; (c) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (d) loss of business; (e) loss of opportunity; (f) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (g) losses suffered by third parties; or (h) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Aposave or the independent GMC Registered Doctors service regardless of the form of action. Nothing in this clause is intended to exclude or limit Aposave or the independent GMC Registered Doctors liability fordeath or personal injury caused by its negligence or fraud.
- Aposave reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the website and the entire Aposave Online Doctor service after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified by the posted changes.
12. Trade marks/Trademarks
The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trade marks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trade marks of Aposave, suppliers, manufacturers and partners of the owner. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of the trade mark owner.
Aposave makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
Aposave may at any time modify any relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices. You acknowledge that by visiting the website from time to time, you shall become bound to the current version of the relevant terms and conditions (the “current version”) and, unless stated in the current version, all previous versions shall be superseded by the current version. You shall be responsible for reviewing the then current version each time you visit the website.
Where any conflict or contradiction appears between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
No indulgence or extension of time which either you or Aposave may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
Aposave shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices to any third party.
All provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect. Please contact us if you require clarification on any of the terms in this statement.
19. Applicable Laws
Any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Great Britain without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of Great Britain in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the website, or any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
20. Permission to View Your NHS Summary Care Record
Your Summary Care Record (SCR) contains information from your health record such as your current prescription details, allergies and any bad reactions to medication you have had in the past. It will also include your name, address, date of birth and your unique NHS Number to help identify you correctly.
In providing care to you, Aposave would like to view your Summary Care Record in order to provide the best possible care for you from the most up to date information available. Whenever your record is accessed, the details will be recorded should you wish to question this at any point in the future. You can change this permission at any point just by contacting us.
You can opt-out of having an SCR altogether and you should contact your GP practice who will record this, if this is your preference.
For more information on the Summary Care Record, please visit www.digital.nhs.uk/summary-care-records/patients
20. Information about you and your visits to the Website